Atlantic Poultry Incorporated (API) offers high-quality poultry products to customers across NB, NS, PEI, and NL. API has grown to become a significant stakeholder in the Atlantic Canada agriculture industry.
We remain 100% owned by Atlantic Canadians and our focus is to maintain a strong and locally owned poultry industry.
We are currently seeking an individual to occupy a casual position of Agri-Crew Worker in our Burtts Corner, New Brunswick location.
The core competencies required of a Farm Labourer include Teamwork, Time Management, Communication, Accountability and Dependability, Ethics and Integrity.
Job Duties include:
- Removing litter out of breeder barns
- Clean out and barns washing
- Transferring live birds from grow to lay barns
- Giving vaccination to birds
- Helping with equipment maintenance
- Garbage removing, grass mowing, trimming, and painting
- Farm-related chores as instructed
- Grade 12 or any of its equivalent is preferred
- Capable of working with live poultry
- Must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with multiple demands
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Should be able to work in a team setting
- preferably experience in the agricultural industry or food processing
- Mechanical exposure would be considered an asset
- A valid drivers license is necessary
- Experience in the use of farm tractors would be an asset
- Maintain reliable commitment to Health & Safety
- Drivers Abstract and Own Transportation
- Sometimes exposed to strong odors and dusty environment
- Exposure to cold/heat with work conditions changing during seasons
- Repetitive work involved
- Must be capable of working in flexible hours, including holidays and weekends
- Salary: $13.00 /hour
Job Type: Casual
Experience: 1 year Agriculture practice is preferred
License: Preferably class 5 Driver’s Licence
If you are interested in this position, you should immediately send in your application through https://ca.indeed.com/