Brandon Flight Centre is currently hiring to fill the position of Chief Flight Instructor or Chief Pilot. This position is a full-time role, with flexible hours & days depending on the prerequisite of the flight academy. Interested qualified persons should hurry and apply! Salary package is very attractive.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Brandon, MB (Required)
Language: English (Preferred)
The successful applicants would be responsible for the following roles:
Supervision of part-time ground school instructor and instructors (if a candidate holds Class one or two licenses).
Candidate Requirements – The successful candidate must have the following:
- Class one, two or three Flight Instructor certificates.
- At least 500 hours instructing time.
- A holder of Permanent resident of Canada & the legal right to work in Canada.
- A good understanding and use of the English language.
- Must be willing to relocate or live in the Brandon, Mb. area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Chief flight instructors are responsible for teaching students how to fly in a variety of areas using techniques that include simulators, textbook education, and live flight training.
- Chief flight instructors use ground-school classes both to teach students the rudiments of flying an aircraft and to assist them to prepare for the written test they can expect to encounter when applying for their pilot’s license from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- After students, complete textbook education, Chief flight instructors often use dual-controlled or simulators aircraft to familiarize them with the experience of flying an aircraft.
- Finally, chief flight instructors accompany their trainees on live flights to complete their training. Some flight instructors specialize as examiners or check pilots and fly with candidates or pilots to ensure proficiency.
The Chief flight instructor applicants must have attained Eighteen (18) years old, be able to speak, read, write and comprehend English, and possess either a commercial pilot license or an airline transport pilot (ATP) certificate.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please apply online.